Aller au contenu

Wacom Cintiq 22HD or XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro display drawing tablet for digital ar

Hey guys I'm about to get serious about digital art. I currently use the XP-Pen Star03 Graphics tablet Small and I was looking at the Wacom Cintiq 22HD when i stumbled across the XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro display drawing tablet . Its time for me to stop a lot of gaming time and turn it into what i used to be good at and maybe a career change down the line.

Spec wise both are similar, Also one more flaw on the Artist 22E Pro is the inability to multi-touch input .

other then that not much else parts them other then PRICE !!!! like less then half. £609.99 VS £1,483.97 .

Im a sucker for quality and both don't seem to have much of a quality issue but the Cintiq does have a nice exterior rubber grip style exterior and a very flexible stand with rotation etc...

I looked into the touch version of the cintiq but ive seen major drivers issues with adobe and i don't won't that at all. Apparently both don't work in tangent like the old days.

Anyways my head is leaning towards the cintiq, most likely go to JB and do finance option. Otherwise i would fork our for the XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro . I would appreciate some feedback if you have used either.

Have a look on the Artist 22E Pro drawing monitor incase you never seen one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Graphics-Drawing-Artist22E-Pressure-Sensitivity/dp/B07CP1LMHJ

@nanchi

(I'm rather surprised to see a question in English on a clearly French website, but I will answer anyway...).

I haven't tried any of those tablets, but just my two cents:

The Wacom 22HD came out years ago, probably around 10 if I'm not mistaken. Not that there is anything wrong with that, since those wacom tablets seem to last forever, but if you're going to buy a cintiq, I would go for a newer model, like the 16 pro or 24 pro. At least just to avoid running into drivers that won't work on the 22HD anymore in a few years: Wacom might be the "best" brand, but their drivers still have a lot of issues. The downside is that those newer models are much more expensive.

I personally don't see the point in buying an expensive tablet if you are not a pro yet. It depends on your current level, but remember the tool is not going to make you a better artist (in my case I downgraded from a cintiq 13hd to a intuos medium pro this year, with no regrets), so I would say save some bucks, go for the cheaper tablet and buy some good art classes/programs/mentorship online with the price difference: the Artist 22E Pro seems to be solid enough based on the reviews I've seen and it seems it will do charms for practice.

Then in a few years, if you are good enough to switch careers (or you'll have already switched careers by then), go for a cintiq.

However, if you're pretty much close to a professional level and you think it might just take you one year before working, get a good cintiq right now.

If you take the cintiq, forget about the touch option as you said (I have never used the touch option of my cintiq in any program: never) and take a good stand if the 22HD doesn't come with one.

Also, I don't think being able to rotate the tablet is a big plus: it might sound cool and fancy, but I'm not sure how how useful it really is. I'd rather just press R to rotate my canvas, seems easier: but that's just me, to each his own!

Site personel     Linkdln     Twitter     Facebook    Bluesky